Williamsburg, VA USA
A Link to the Art of Shirley Maier
note: Artist's website will open in a new window.
"A Wall Without Art Is Like A Face
Shirley D. Maier
|"Just Me and You "|
For Shirley the point of art is not to copy but to amplify, to create an emotional response in the viewer. Shirley likes to work using a limited palette with emphasis on the masses, values and light falling upon form. She paints landscapes, still life, and abstract studies in her studio and on location. Shirley loves the casual spirit and natural beauty of the area for creating en plein-air paintings. Travel is a serious passion and a source of constant inspiration.
Shirley's work has been published in The American Artist Magazine and her paintings are in private collections throughout the United States and Canada. She is a recipent of numerous art awards and is a contributing member of several local non profit organizations
- Athenaeum School of the Arts, La Jolla CA
- San Francisco Art Institute, San Francisco, CA
- University of Virginia, McIntire School of Business
- California State University , Northridge, CA
Recent Shows and Exhibitions
- ARTWALK San Diego, April 2000 - 2010
- ARTWALK By The Bay, San Diego, Sept. 2007 - 2009
- La Jolla Historical Society's Secret Garden Tour Featured Artist, 2001-2009
- Athenaeum Rotunda Gallery, La Jolla, "The Secret Gardens Of Old La Jolla", Exhibition: 2001 - 2009
- Rancho Santa Fe Art Festival, Sept 2000 - 2010
- LPAPA Juried Small Image Show, Laguna, Dec 2006
- Art Institute of California, San Diego, "The Artist's Hand" 11/05-12/05
- Gallery 21, San Diego, "Relationships", Invitational, Aug 1 - Aug 15, 2005
- Pangaea Outpost, Pacific Beach, Featured Artist, Dec 2004 - April 2005
- Gallery 21, San Diego, "Escapes" Invitational, July - August 2004
- Fallbrook Gallery Juried County Christian Art Exhibition - Jan 2003
"Sometimes Three's A Crowd "
"Succulent Flirtation "
"La Jolla Cove "